Notes on Divine Principle in this episode
What is real to you? Resultant Reality vs. Causal Reality
- Reality of Creation is a reflection of God, its creator.
- Yang and Yin; scientific examples
- Plants – stamen and pistil, Animals – Male and female, Molecules – Positive and negative ions.
- Result of a spherical existence between dual characteristics.
- Internal nature and external form
- “The body is a visible reflection of the invisible mind.” (p.17)
- Plant seed has all the DNA in its cells to have a unique existence if given water, soil, and sunlight. Yet beyond physical science here is an invisible component to vegetation that purposes the physical plants to grow. This energy can be understood as the invisible mind of plants.
Is God a Woman? Subject (Yang/Masculine) Nature of God
- Human mind directs the body. The internal nature, the mind, is subject over the external form, the body.
- Inclination of humanity, atomic particles and molecules cause them to have a certain behavior of serving the purpose of unity and growth. “For energy to form particles, it, too, must possess an internal nature which directs it to assume specific forms.” (p.18)
- As we see directly in the way we function, the internal nature is subject/Yang over the body/Yin. “Ultimate Cause” of energy is God. The Ultimate Cause is the one and only God that we can understand as the Subject of our minds. As we are created in his image, God too has an original internal nature and original external form. Original Internal Nature can be said to be the cause of all energy, the Original External Form of God. John 1:1-3 “the Word was with God, and the Word was God,” explains that God’s mind is the mind before and beyond all minds. Therefore, God is made of dual characteristics in harmony. (That is why we call Him Heavenly Father, rather than Heavenly Mother.) “According to the Principle of Creation, the fact that everything created through the Word has dual characteristics shows that the Word itself consists of dual characteristics.” (p. 21)
- In reflection of God’s dual characteristics in a unified relationship we humankind are made as man and woman in order to harmonize. Gen. 1:27 “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.” This is why in Genesis 2:22 God created woman from the rib of Adam. Internal results in external.
- “Hence, the universe is a perfect organic body that moves only according to God’s purpose of creation.” (p.19)
What am I to God? Individual Embodiments of truth in image and symbol.
- Two classes: God needs both male and female to resemble his original internal nature and original external form. Each individual is a substantial object partner to God and resemble Him by reflection of His original internal nature and original external form with our own minds and bodies, so within us too are both yang and yin qualities, as God has.
- Image and Symbol – Humankind and all of Creation.
- “The relationship between God and the universe is similar to that between internal nature and external form.” (p. 20)
I’ll tell you what God is in three words. Universal Prime Energy – “It is the origin of all energies and forces that allow created beings to exist.” p. 21
How is God real in my life? Give and Take Action
- God and humanity
- mind and body
- male and female
- The Fall
- Satan and humanity
Everyone is important in a family, starting with Mom and Dad. Four Position Foundation
- Origin Division Union Action.
- Three Object purpose
- Root of the number twelve – twelve object partners
- Physical shape of FPF
- centrifugal – giving
- centripetal – receiving
- solar system
- electrons revolve around protons
- “Human beings are the center of all created things, which are embodied object partners to God’s dual characteristics in symbol.” p.28
- Three great blessings. Genesis 1:28
- create harmony of the whole cosmos
The Kingdom of Heaven on Earth as it is in Heaven. Omnipresence of God
- Everything has the purpose of having dual characteristics in harmony
- “In a world where God’s purpose of creation has been fulfilled, all individual beings embody God’s original internal nature and original external form and initiate spherical movements to build the foundation for God’s governance. God is thus omnipresent.” p. 31
Exposition of the Divine Principle. Canonized by Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon. HSA-UWC. 4 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036. 1996.
The Holy Bible, New International Version, NIV. Colorado: Biblica Inc., 2011. Print.